It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information which can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
• your name, company, email address, phone number, billing and contact address
• your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
• session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
• not sell or rent it to a third party, unless we require this information to book golf rounds, hotel accommodation, flights and other services which you have reserved through and with us.
• take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
• not use or disclose the information except:
o as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, as mentioned above, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to supply services you have ordered;
o in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
o as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
o as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
o as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of english-and-golf.ch, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
english-and-golf.ch uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
• not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
• to log off the english-and-golf.ch website when you are finished;
• to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
english-and-golf.ch’s operations are located primarily in Switzerland. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to Switzerland. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Questions or comments